Recruitment Unit Development Consultant (UDC)
School based scout groups form the backbone of the Singapore Scout movement. While teacher-leaders have done a fantastic job running the groups and leading the scouts, some of them (particularly the newer ones) may need help and support to provide an even better scouting programme.
We will be recruiting 2 Professional Staff as Unit Development Consultants (UDC) to support and mentor selected scout groups.
General Job Scope
• Promote Scouting at grassroots level in the assigned geographical areas.
• Liaise with relevant authority in the Schools and Community to start Scout Groups/Units
• In consultation with the Area and District Commissioners, identify groups that will benefit from support and help.
• Coach and mentor teacher-leaders in managing their Scout groups for a given period of time
• Visit Scout groups regularly to monitor progress and development
• Conduct orientation training for new leaders
• Serve as Trainer
• Preferably tertiary education
• At least 5 years’ experience as an Active Unit leader or Commissioner
• Preferably a Wood badge holder
• Completed CALT or/and CLT
• Applicants with equivalent background and experience in similar youth organizations will also be considered
Directly to Executive Director (ED)
Indirectly to Area Commissioners
$3,000 to 4,000 (depending on Qualification and relevant Experience)
Two year contract, renewable subject to mutual agreement
Submit CV to ED at email@example.com by 24 Mar 12
How about volunteering?